Monday, November 26, 2012

The first day

Today was my first day of maternity leave.

Depending on when Baby V makes his/her appearance, I'll have anywhere between tonight and mid-December to nest and rest.

So today I did a bit of both. And it was lovely.

I slept in.

I baked some bread.

























I made some pumpkin chocolate-chip muffins.

























I cooked up some winter veggie casserole in the slow cooker.

























I tidied up around the house.

And then I had a nap.

My schedule will definitely not be so restful when our little one arrives, so for now I am thoroughly enjoying this time of quiet preparation.

2 comments:

  1. MMM! Until baby V can eat solid foods, I'll eat any of the overflow from this bountiful bounty (Is that redundant or what?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come over and feast on the bounty! Or, you can come over in a few weeks and pacify a crying infant! While I nap. :)

    ReplyDelete