Thursday, April 25, 2013

Love is a bag of buns

Dear Ben,

I keep thinking about our argument last night. You know, the one about bread?

Obviously it was about more than just bread (we're deep like that), but still, it was bread that set the whole thing off.

Today, I feel pretty silly about my role in that quarrel. But, at the same time, I love that you will bicker with me about bread, because through such superficial arguments we tackle some of the deeper issues.

I'm trying to grow from last night's spat.

I'll try to listen better. React with love rather than frustration/annoyance/snarky comments.

And to address the surface level of our fight, here is a peace offering: a bag of buns, a stack of sliced turkey, a rosy red tomato. May you create the tastiest of sandwich in whatever your preferred medium -- bread or bun!

With love,
Erin


1 comment: