Monday, February 11, 2013

Wait ... I'm in this class?

Do you have a recurring dream?

I do. It's stressful.

In my dream, I'm either about to write an exam or am required to hand in a term's worth of homework. It's always for French class. And I've either not gone to the class at all, or have only attended the first one or two lectures.

The rest of the dream consists of the panicky feeling of realizing I'm doomed, and yet still not even attempting to at least do something. I never crack open my books. I don't bother searching for a classmate's notes.

I've awoken from the dream convinced that my degree is about to be snatched away, since I clearly would have failed the course and so wouldn't have enough credits.

I'm guessing this is my mind's way of dealing with lingering stress. Or maybe punishing me for not putting forward a greater effort in French class.

So do you have a recurring dream? If so, I hope it's far more pleasant than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment