Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Clutter zone

This is not my bedroom. If it were, the chair would be
covered with my clothes. (Photo: Gouble Dus/Flickr)
Today at The Generous Wife, a blog that gives reminders and ideas on how to grow one's marriage, the plea is made to keep the bedroom a getaway for oneself and one's husband. As in, keep it clean, keep it clutter-free, keep it a retreat.

I confess, our bedroom often becomes my bedroom, my space, and my mess. The often-present collection of clothes and other items on the floor/chair/etc. that I need to put away is termed by us both as "the pile." When clutter has its own name, it has clearly become a problem.

The first step is to admit it. The next step is to do something about it. So here is my goal: before baby arrives and our lives become that much more chaotic, I will seek to tackle the pile -- first in our bedroom, and then in the other areas of the house where my piles spring up (and there are a few of those areas... sadly).

Less clutter, more retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment